Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Scooby Doo Wedding

Tonight I put both kids to bed, went downstairs to clean up and watch some Tv, and assumed that  since all was quiet upstairs then everyone was obviously sleeping. Apparently that whole saying about assuming anything applies to making assumptions about sleeping children as well.

When I headed up to bed at 11 pm I realized I could hear voices in Zoe's room. I stood outside her door for a few minutes and could hear bits and pieces of talk about a wedding and finally decided to open the door and go in. I found both kids, out of pajamas and in dress clothes....
Me: What in the world is going on? Why aren't you guys asleep? Where are your pajamas?
Jack: Oh I had to get dressed up
Zoe: Yea, we were having a wedding
Me: Who was getting married?
Zoe: Oh I told Jack we were, I'm Daphne and he's Freddy (my kids are obsessed with Scooby Doo).
Jack: Yup we are all married,  those are the kids  (as he points to Zoe's five million stuffed animals).

So to recap, the day started off with Jack having a reaction to peanuts, heading to the ER for treatment, everyone had a quick nap and recovered from that, we played outside all afternoon, and THEY ARE STILL AWAKE AT 11PM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment